This is the website of Daily Transcription. Our postal address 6701 Center Drive West, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90045.
We can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach us by telephone at 888-515- 7143
We use various web tools to aggregate information about our visitors, including components used by Google, Yahoo and other popular web browsers. Any information we collect is used to improve the content of our web page and ensure the best possible customer experience.
Persons, who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line, will only receive telephone contact from us with information regarding potential or existing orders and will be added to our database for future follow-up.
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, we redirect visitors to a secure server. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
All Daily Transcription employees and contractors are bound under Non-Disclosure Agreements enforceable under United States and local laws. Our transcribers are American based, and therefore subject to United States Law. All information we receive from you in tangible and intangible form will not be disclosed to any third party, unless required by law. We will not sell or provide your information to third parties unless pre authorized by the client.
Client hereby grants Daily Transcription and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities permission to use the names of transcription projects in any and all of its publications, including website entries, without payment or any other consideration. I hereby irrevocably authorize Daily Transcription and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and each of their successors authorization to exhibit, publish, distribute or promote project likeness for the purposes of publicizing Daily Transcription services or for any other lawful purpose. In addition, I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copies, wherein project likeness appears.
All transcription work is subject to the terms and conditions outlined on this site. All new clients must fill out a New Client Form Upon order completion all client production files are deleted from our system within 90 days unless otherwise informed by the client.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above address or phone number, state or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau, state or local consumer protection office.
Transcription Terms and Conditions
Our standard professional transcription fees are based on files having the following qualities:
- Professionally recorded audio
- Low to no competing background noise
- Native English speaking participants
- Labeled and numbered (and if two sided, label must indicate such)
If your media does not possess the above standard qualities, we will attempt to notify you promptly to inform you of your options and all costs necessary to complete your project.
Our standard turnaround time is 48-72 hours from the date we receive your materials. More complicated transcription styles vary from 3 to 7 days for turnaround. All media received after 4:00 PM will be considered received on the next business day. Received media must be to Daily Transcription in usable form and already digitized or compressed to under 700 mbps files. Expedited turnaround times are available, upon your request.
Certain events, beyond our control, may affect turnaround time. In all such cases, we will make every effort to complete the work as quickly as possible. Additionally, we will contact you to discuss such an event as soon as possible. Examples of such events include, but are not limited to:
- Poor audio quality
- Natural disasters
- Extremely large files
Video and Audio Transcription Sources
Client hereby states that all files to be transcribed are submitted by Client Company to DT, are duplicates of the original materials. Only under certain circumstances will DT accept “Master” or “Original” source tapes or materials. Client hereby acknowledges that the source materials submitted to DT, be they cassette, DVD, or other types of media are of zero ($0.00) commercial value. DT shall not be held liable for any loss or destruction of materials submitted by Client, including but not limited to losses incurred in the return shipping of audio source tapes back to Client. DT may at its discretion hold Client’s source materials until any outstanding invoices are paid in full.
If you are a first time customer, we will require you to fill out a New Client Form and provide a valid credit card to keep on file.
For work completed during the week, there is a minimum payment of $50. For work completed during the weekend, there is a minimum payment of $100.
Your credit card will be charged $100 upon commencement of your project. Individual first time orders and orders under $500 will be COD and your credit card will then be charged upon completion of your project.
To start an account with Daily Transcription, please speak to one of our Account Representatives and fill out our online Company Credit Application.
If you have an established account with Daily Transcription, invoices are due within 30 days of the invoice date and are considered past due after 30 days. Invoices are delivered via email so please make sure we have your correct contact information on file.
Client by signing or submitting a New Client Form or Company Credit Application, attests to financial responsibility and acknowledges reading and agreeing to all terms of this document.
DT reserves the right to change these Terms of Service from time to time.
Payments are subject to a 5% late fee or $25 late processing charge (whichever is greater) for all past due invoices. Should Client’s account become delinquent, Client agrees to pay any late charges and pay all fees and costs incurred by DT in the process of collecting the monies owed, including without limitation attorney’s fees and court costs.
Daily Transcription has been a leader in the field of transcription for over 15 years. We have an outstanding on-time delivery and accuracy record. If we fail to meet your expectations in Accuracy or Delivery, we want to know about it. We pride ourselves on our customer satisfaction and loyal customer base. We stand by our work and will do whatever it takes to keep you and your company a satisfied client. That is our 100% Guarantee!
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, as well as the IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection. We may also receive personal information from our payment processor.
- Account Information. To use certain features, you’ll need to register for an account. To do so, you’ll need to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, and password.
- Third Party Payment Processors. We use third party payment processors like PayPal and Stripe to process payments through the Daily Transcription Platform. For payments processed, the third party processor provides us with information related to the payment status of your account; this information includes your payment card type and last four digits, payment expiration date, zip code, approximate location based on IP address, country of origin, and any email address associated with the payment type. For security purposes, Daily Transcription does not collect or receive any sensitive payment information, such as your complete card number or authentication data. Our third-party payment processors are independent from Daily Transcription and have their own privacy policies. Integrations at this time, do not share your information with third parties.
- Other Personal Information. You may choose to provide us with other personal information. For example, we may collect your name, email address and other personal information when you fill out a survey, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
How We Use Personal Information We Collect
Our primary purposes for using your personal information are to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience, for customer support, advertising and marketing communications, research and service development, and to keep our Platform and users safe and secure. Specifically, we may use your information for the following business purposes:
- To provide and improve our services. To provide you with the services you request, and to improve and customize your services.
- For customer support. We use personal information to investigate, respond to, and resolve customer queries, send you technical notices and security alerts, and provide other support and administrative services.
- For advertising and marketing communications. We use personal information to develop targeted advertising, and to communicate with you about our products, services, offers and promotions, including making recommendations about Daily Transcription you may be interested in.
- For research and service development. We use personal information to conduct market research and to develop new services in order to provide you with a better experience and to drive growth in our business.
- For legal and security purposes. We use personal information to prevent, detect, investigate, and take measures against criminal activity, fraud, misuse of or damage to our Platform or network, and other threats and violations to Daily Transcription’s or a third party’s rights.
- We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Daily Transcription may be required to disclose personal information if directed by a court of law or other governmental entity. Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose such information where we have a good faith basis to believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests;
- protect and defend Daily Transcription or a third party’s rights and property, or the safety of Daily Transcription’s users, our employees, or others; or
To the extent permitted by law, we will attempt to give you prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
We may share your information for reasons not described in this policy. We will tell you before we do this.
What are cookies?
Cookies are pieces of data in the form of text files that your browser stores on your hard drive. They allow website providers to identify users, store preferential information, and understand users’ browsing activities. Web beacons (also known as pixel tags and clear GIFs) are electronic images found within website pages that allow website providers to understand users’ browsing activities. Daily Transcription also uses other similar technologies, such as local storage, for similar purposes described in this Cookies Policy.
There are two main types of cookies that can be placed on the platform: First-party cookies, which are cookies that are set by Daily Transcription directly when you fill out a form, and third-party cookies, which are cookies that are set by other companies, such as our partners and services providers.
The types of cookies placed on our website and the purposes for which we use them are described below. Note that the list includes the typical cookies placed on our website, and is not an exhaustive list.
Some cookies are strictly necessary for the operation of our website. These cookies allow you to browse through our website and fill out forms, and keep our website secure.
Preference and Analytics Cookies
Preference cookies allow us to “remember” your preferences when you access our Platform and to customize your experience. Analytics cookies help us understand how our users interact with our Platform, allowing us to improve your experience. We do this by, among other actions, measuring how well our services are functioning and tracking how you navigate through our website. We also rely on third-party cookies, like Google Analytics, to collect and analyze information.
Advertising cookies help us to develop targeted advertising and measure the performance of such ads. We partner with third-party advertisers to allow us and them to learn about which ads we’ve shown you and how you interacted with them on and off our Platform.
Preference and Analytics Cookies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies by following the instructions in your browser settings. Some analytics providers we partner with, like Google Analytics, may also provide you with additional opt-out mechanisms.
Note that deleting cookies or directing your browser to refuse them may limit your ability to use certain portions of our website.
Your Rights and Choices
Daily Transcription gives you choices with respect to our use of your personal information. These choices include accessing, updating, or deleting your personal information, as well as choosing what communications you would like to receive from us. Depending on your location, you may have additional rights related to your personal information (see the ‘Jurisdiction Specific Provisions’ section below for more information about location-specific privacy rights).
You can also choose not to provide us with certain personal information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because that information may be required for you to register for an account, purchase a course, participate in our promotional offerings, get customer support, or engage in other activities on our website.
Do Not Track Signals
Your browser may give you the option to send a “Do Not Track” instruction to websites you visit. However, since there is no accepted standard for how a website should respond to this instruction, we do not currently recognize or respond to these signals.
Jurisdiction Specific Provisions
Users in the European Economic Area, UK, and Switzerland
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other applicable laws, users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), UK, and Switzerland have the right to, under certain conditions, request access to, rectification of, or erasure of their personal information; request restriction of processing; object to processing; withdraw consent from processing; data portability; and submit a complaint to a data protection authority.
If you are in the EEA, UK and Switzerland and would like to exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com pursuant to the ‘Data Privacy Requests and Verification’ section above. Please include the phrase “GDPR request” in the subject line and provide us with your mailing address and country of residence.
Daily Transcription only collects and processes personal information about you where it has lawful bases for doing so. The specific legal basis applied to the processing will depend on the context in which the personal information is being processed, including the service used and the type of personal information involved.
Daily Transcription uses the following legal bases for processing:
- For legitimate interests. We will process your personal information for our legitimate interests or those of others (as long as the processing is not outweighed by your data protection interests). This includes but is not limited to, preventing fraud and other abuse, ensuring the security of our Platform, protecting our legal rights and interests, conducting market research and product development, and for marketing purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations. We will process your personal information to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, court orders, and government and law enforcement agencies’ requests.
- Consent. We will process your personal information when you have given us consent to do so, such as when you consent to receive certain communications from us. If you’d like to withdraw your consent or object to our processing of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have not adequately addressed your concerns or wish to report an alleged infringement of applicable data privacy laws, you may file a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Users in California
California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are a California resident, you have specific privacy rights governed by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). These rights include:
- Right to Know. You have the right to request a report showing the Personal Information collected, shared, and sold about you in the past 12 months.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Your Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information collected from you.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We shall not discriminate against you based on your exercise of any of the above rights.You or your authorized agent may submit a request to exercise any of the above rights by emailing us at email@example.com with the subject line “CCPA Request”. Please also provide us with your mailing address and state of residence.
We may require additional information to verify your identity or to verify that your authorized agent has the authority to make the request on your behalf before responding to a CCPA rights request. We will respond to your request within 45 days if possible and required under the law.
Personal Information Collected on California Residents
The following are categories of Personal Information that we may collect about you, as well as examples of the types of Personal Information that may be collected:
- Names and Aliases
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- IP Address
- Unique Identifiers
- Information about transactions made on our Platform, including purchase history
- Interactions with Customer Support
- Courses enrolled in
- Quiz results
- Last 4 digits of your credit card
- Account payment status
- Information related to your location, including your IP address
Internet/ Electronic ActivityInformation from your browser, such as usage information and cookiesInformation related to your location, including your IP addressPasswordsDevice attributes
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- Directly from you (e.g. Information provided when you register on our Platform, submit payment, or use any of our Platform’s services);
- Automatically collected information (e.g. collected automatically through cookies, etc.);
Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose to Third Parties
The categories of Personal Information listed above may be disclosed to the following categories of third parties:
- Integrated third parties with whom you choose to share information;
- Our service providers (e.g. cloud services providers, technical service providers, law firms, accounting firms, etc.);
- Business partners (e.g. companies that we partner with for events, promotions and contests, etc.);
- Advertising partners to provide advertising based on your interests;
- Daily Transcription affiliates, including our parent company and other companies under common control and ownership;
- When you ask us to provide information to a third party; or
- To law enforcement or others if required by law.
The disclosures to third parties listed above may be for any of the following business purposes:
- To provide you with our services;
- For marketing purposes;
- To provide you with ads or information we think may be of interest to you;
- To improve our Platform and services;
- To maintain the safety and security of our services; or
- As otherwise permitted by law.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Under California’s ‘Shine the Light’ law, California residents have the right to request certain information relating to personal information we have shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Note that we only share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes when you request us to do so or you expressly consent to it.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your rights under the CCPA or California’s ‘Shine the Light’ law, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org pursuant to the ‘Data Privacy Requests and Verification’ section above. Please specify which privacy right you’re exercising in the subject line (for example ‘CCPA deletion request’) and provide us with your mailing address and state of residence.
Daily Transcription uses a range of physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your personal information. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of financial information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. However, no method of data transmission or storage system is absolutely secure, and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed in the event of a breach of any of our security measures.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for protecting this password and keeping it confidential. As the safety and security of your information also depends on the precautions you take, we ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you believe your password or the security of your account has been compromised, you should change your password immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.