Getting the services of an audio transcription company, compared to hiring an in-house transcriptionist, can be more precise, flexible, and cost-effective. And with many online-based services accessible, high-quality transcribed documents can be completed within hours instead of days or weeks.
Despite the many benefits of an audio transcription service, however, not all companies that offer them are worthy of your trust, time and money. Some online transcription services may rely simply on software and not human transcriptionists. If quality results are a huge factor for you — and they should be — you need to choose wisely.
Listed below are important tips for selecting an audio transcription company for your next project.
Six Ways for You to Get a Top-Quality Audio Transcription Service Online
- Check Reviews and Seek Recommendations
- If you have friends, colleagues, or business partners that also rely on transcription services on a frequent basis, you can start by seeking out some recommendations from them. Most likely, they will be able to hand a thing or two about the most reliable names in the audio transcription industry. There may also be visible reviews online, whether from forums or from a company’s own website. These reviews are just an initial step, however. Ultimately, you will have to choose a service provider that can give you exactly what you need.
- Consider the Type of Services you need.
- There are specific types of audio transcription service, from general transcription to the more specialized medical or legal transcription. Moreover, there are transcription jobs that need to edit out unnecessary interjections or words from the audio, while there are also those that require for them to be left as is. Take time to see whether the service provider can accommodate your requests and whether they have the expertise and resources to do so.
- Understand the Difference Between Human Transcription and Software.
- While transcription service software is available online, these software-based services can be prone to transcription irregularities and lapses. If you require a grammar-polished transcribed document or if you need native speakers working on your audio transcription, it will be best for you to choose a company that employs human transcriptionists instead of a service provider that relies simply on software.
- Check for Credibility and Confidentiality Assurances.
- The best audio transcription service companies employ not only trained and eligible transcription experts but also work to ensure confidentiality at all times. Privacy and security can be a critical issue when working with a transcription company online. How do you ensure that your audio files and transcribed documents are not shared with other parties? A reliable audio transcription company should have a non-disclosure agreement in place to protect your materials from unlawful access.
- Check for Value Add-ons and After-Sale Support.
- Some of the best audio transcription service companies have established long-lasting relationships with their clients. They are able to do this because they provide additional services, such as subtitling and interpreting among others, to their customers. Additionally, they are willing to provide support even after the deliverables have been sent in, such as providing last-minute and reasonable revisions. These little things help to separate a mediocre company from a truly professional audio transcription business.
The Importance of Effective Audio Transcription
No matter which industry you operate in, your audio materials need to be transcribed fully and accurately within an ideal timeframe. The best audio transcription service company is one that can provide you with the exact transcription work you require online at reasonable rates, through trained human transcriptionists who understand the importance of their jobs and the production of top-rate audio transcription work at all times.